Last week, an Omani pilot stabbed his Indian copilot and tried to crash a flight headed for Tel Aviv in Israel.
The person was a terrorist, apparently acting as a lone wolf.
Later, it was found that the said pilot, Hamam al-Hammami, had posted radical views on his personal social media.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2026/10/4/how-was-flydubai-co-pilot-cleared-despite-being-deemed-a-security-risk
This is not the first such incident. I have had Youtube comedy content creators, software engineers (oh, a LOT of software engineers) who have perfect LI presence but have demonstrated terror support on their Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.
And I have often wondered - how do organisations protect themselves from this risk? Of domestic violence perpetrators, POSH offenders, or terror supporters?
There have been cases of white collar professionals leading their spouses to suicide (both genders), doing domestic violence that can escalate (including and up to murder in my own experience), POSH offenders who have been pure terror in multiple organisations before someone finally took them down, and the entire love jihad network that India discovered (https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/probe-shows-forced-conversion-bid-in-tcs-nashik-case-devendra-fadnavis-at-ndtv-marathi-manch-11575847).
So, I think, it is time for corporate India to find a balance between employee privacy and risk management.
What is your view?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share thoughts